Careers at NEIP
The New England Innocence Project is Hiring!
We are looking for a Development & Communications Manager
The New England Innocence Project (NEIP) is a non-profit dedicated to correcting and preventing wrongful convictions throughout the six New England states. We represent people with claims of actual innocence and use litigation, training, public education, and policy efforts to create systemic changes to the criminal legal system. With New England having a prison population of roughly 32,000 on any given day, we certainly have our work cut out for us!
NEIP seeks a candidate for a full-time Development & Communications Manager position beginning immediately in its Boston office. This position reports directly to and will work closely with NEIP’s Executive Director. The Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for marketing and development, including donor solicitation and donor relations, donor database management, grant applications and grant management, and special events. In addition, the Manager will maintain and update NEIP’s website, oversee social media, develop and execute a communications plan, be responsible for a quarterly e-newsletter, issue press releases, and coordinate communications with prospective and existing donors with oversight from the Executive Director. The Manager will have some additional administrative responsibilities to assist the Executive Director with the efficient and effective operation of the organization.
· Develop marketing materials
· Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors
· Manage NEIP's donor database, including timely tracking of donor contributions and communications
· Research, draft, and track grant applications
· Coordinate events
· Manage NEIP’s web content
· Oversee NEIP’s social media presence
· Develop & Execute a communications plan
· Produce a quarterly e-newsletter
· Produce reports on NEIP’s general & fundraising activities
· Issue Press Releases
· Bachelor’s degree and commitment to social justice required
· At least three years of experience in development and/or communications preferred
· Proficiency with the following systems strongly preferred: Salesforce, Office Suite, WordPress, MailChimp, and social media sites
*The selected candidate must be detail oriented and have superior organizational, oral communication, and writing skills.
*The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, adept at the nuances of donor relations, and understand the unique issues involved with fundraising in support of criminal justice issues.
Salary is $50,000+, depending on experience.
Application Instructions: Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample (e.g., a thank you letter, appeal, letter of intent, grant application, etc.), and a list of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “Manager Position.” Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The New England Innocence Project is an equal opportunity employer and strives for diversity among its applicant pool as well as within its staff and board. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds, especially racial and ethnic minorities, people within the LGBTQ community, veterans, people with disabilities, and people with non-linear/non-traditional experience and educational backgrounds to apply for this position. Importantly, no matter their background, the person selected for this position must embrace, advocate for, and deeply value equity, diversity, and inclusivity.